The Thermage procedure is an advanced way of tightening skin that uses a unique form of radiofrequency energy to allow Dr. Welsh to tighten loose or sagging skin, producing a kind of "lift" without an incision or recovery time. It is the only non-invasive method to tighten loose skin.
Where can Thermage be used?
Thermage is an easy way to turn back the clock on aging skin—on all skin colors, on and off the face.
- Sagging skin
- Loose jowls or lack of definition in jaw line
- Sagging skin under the chin (“turkey neck”)
- Tired looking eyes
- Excess skin on the upper eyelid (also known as “hooding”)
- Crepey texture of eyelids, making it hard to apply eye shadow or eye liner
- Wrinkles and fine lines around the eyes (“crow’s feet”)
- Wrinkled, crepey or sagging skin on the tummy, knees, arms, legs, hands or buttocks
- Sagging skin or unwanted bulges after pregnancy or weight loss
How does Thermage work?
With the gentle touch of the device tip, the surface of the skin is cooled, while the deeper tissue is altered by radiofrequency heating. This not only tightens deeper skin tissue, but jumpstarts new collagen production, which occurs over a period of time.
What are the benefits and advantages of Thermage?
- No recovery or patient downtime
- Results are visible after one to two treatments and improve over time
- No scalpel surgery or incisions
- You may return to your normal activities immediately
- There is no special care needed after treatment
What does the Thermage procedure feel like?
With each touch of the Thermage treatment tip, there is an immediate cool sensation, followed by a brief hot sensation, followed by a cool sensation. The top layers of your skin are protected with a cooling spray while radiofrequency energy heats the collagen in the lower layers. The procedure is very safe, as it is performed by a technology cleared by the FDA to treat periorbital skin laxity and wrinkles.
How long does the Thermage procedure take?
Depending on the size of the area treated, the procedure itself may take anywhere from 30 minutes to one hour.
When can I return to my normal activities?
You may return to your normal activities immediately, as there is usually no "downtime." Minimal redness is seen in some patients but it usually disappears within an hour after treatment. There is no special care needed after treatment As a part of good skin care, sunscreen is recommended.
How many Thermage treatments will I need?
A single treatment has produced good results in a significant number of patients. However, your doctor will assess the number and frequency of treatments required to achieve optimal results for your skin. Repeat treatments will be required for some patients.
When will I see results from the Thermage Treatment?
In most patients, results appear gradually over 2-6 months, although some will see an earlier response.
How long will the effects of the Thermage procedure last?
Recently published studies show that improvements continue for at least six months after a single treatment session. Other studies show that thermal collagen changes can last several years, depending on the rate of the aging process.
To learn more about Thermage® skin tightening and to find out if treatment is right for you, please Contact Us today to schedule a consultation.