What is the Obagi Blue Peel?
The Blue Peel is designed to provide gradual skin improvement or correction of certain problems. Compared with deeper procedures, this gradual approach is safer, reduces the chances of serious complications, and provides a faster recovery.
The Blue Peel helps to improve
• Comedones and actinic keratoses
• Epidermal and dermal pigmentation problems
• Fine lines, wrinkles, shallow-stretchable scars, large pores and skin laxity
How Do I Prepare for the Obagi Blue Peel?
• Use of the Obagi Nu-Derm System plus a topical retinoid such as Kinerase is required for a minimum of
6-8 weeks prior to the peel.
• Discontinue use of the topical retinoid 3-4 days prior to the peel.
• Sedation is generally used for the Obagi Blue Peel, so please arrange for a ride to and from the
What Can I Expect After the Peel?
• Healing is usually painless
• Some swelling may occur- usually around the eye area
• Swelling varies according to the depth of the peel and the degree of the skin laxity
• Skin will feel very tight
• The skin will darken before it starts to peel
• Skin will begin to peel in 2-3 days
• Complete healing should occur in an average of 7-10 days
• Occasional itching may occur
• A mild degree of oozing may occur